Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bryce comforting Patti




The story of Bryce from this weekend reminded me of a series of photos of him from October 2007 when Patti opened up her quilt that everyone had helped on of Mt Hood and the Hood River Valley. Everyone had written a dedication/memory/or birthday greeting for the back of the quilt and Grandma had written a story about the time she had fainted in the kitchen and Patti was sleeping in the basement, heard the crash, leaped out of the bed, ran up the flight of stairs, and landed flat out on the kitchen floor (fainted). They woke up laying on the kitchen floor staring eye to eye. Anyway, as Patti started reading the dedication from Grandma, she started crying. Note how Bryce comes in to comfort her and throughout the entire time, he kept two hands on her shoulder and arm to comfort her. (I have 4 total photos of him doing this, but won't clog the blog with all of them---here are the best ones.)

And then the last photo is of the Hoffer family on the Mt Hood Quilt.

love,
Aunt Bev

2 comments:

Jan said...

I'd do anything to convince this boy that he is so loved and so cherished and so protected.

The Kadidlehoffers said...

I love this quilt. Those seem like shallow, well-worn words...but I can't think of anything eloquent. It's just a work of love and warm, not only because of the fabric, but because of the memories.

Bryce just gave me a big squeeze when I asked him if he was okay about his Chinese parents. I asked him if he was sad we adopted him. He burst into a big smile and said, "NO!!" I told him I loved him and started to cry and so gave me a real hard squeeze and said, "I'm trying to make you laugh!! Did it work?"

Yes!

Patti