
An expression Mom used to use was "It would Gag a MaGGOT!" It took me years before I realized what it meant. Well, apparently my nieces and nephews are learning this early. Their mother took them to the Science Museum in Seattle where Sarah (who apparently eats everything including salmon and shrimp) ate 6 barbecued worm larvae. Sarah said calmly when I asked why she did that "I like barbacue."
Bryce ate one and then someone told him what it was so he ran outside and spit it out.
I told Bryce "Now I can NEVER kiss you again because worms passed over your lips." He retorted "Then I can't ever draw you a picture again."
It may be an easy price for me to pay. EWWWWWWWW!!!!
I found this photo on the internet and it was apparently for educators with this description for them:
Don't want to hand out candy? For the most brave among your students, try Larvets. These edible farm-raised larva are Bar-B-Que, Cheddar Cheese or Mexican Spice flavored. With only 9 calories per serving, these genuine farm-raised edible insects will be a real hit. Makes an unforgettable way to begin a food science or health unit. These completely dried, delicious treats are great fun.
Singles contain 5.6 grams
2 comments:
Yup, that is what they had...several flavors of spiced larvae, dried and ready for purchase. We were at the Science store on Roosevelt in Seattle. I love the guys there because they are so helpful in getting supplies for my science experiments. I was there getting circuitry for Bryce's electricity unit and some magnets. But, hearing from Sarah that she ate TEN TO FIFTEEN of those larvae WAS the highlight!
Patti
EWWWWW !!! That is soooooo disgusting!
Post a Comment